Enrolling a Student
To be eligible for enrollment in the Upper Dauphin Area schools, students must reside within the boundaries of the Upper Dauphin Area School District and have attained the chronological age of five (5) years on or before September 1.

Student registrations are by appointment only. Prior to the enrollment appointment, the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) enrolling must download and complete one copy of each form below for each student enrolling. You can also obtain an enrollment packet by contacting or stopping in at one of the following offices:

Upper Dauphin Area Elementary School – Grades K-4
5668 State Route 209, Lykens, PA 17048
(717) 362-6617

Upper Dauphin Area Middle School – Grades 5-8
5668 State Route 209, Lykens, PA 17048
(717) 362-6563

Upper Dauphin Area High School – Grades 9-12
220 North Church Street, Elizabethville, PA 17023
(717) 362-6469

Please bring the completed forms with you to the appointment.

Enrollment Forms

Acceptable Use Agreement
Census Form
Emergency Contact
Enrollment Form
Home Language Survey
Homeless Intake
Parent Information- Homelessness
Proof of Residency
Registration Statement
Request for Pupil Records
School Nurse Permission
Special Education Notice
Student Health History
Free & Reduced Meals Application

Items Required For Student Registration

  1. Proof of age (original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, prior school records or driver’s license. A copy will be made at the time of registration.)
  2. Proof of required immunizations
  3. School transcript, report card (high school students only)
  4. Special Education IEP (if applicable)
  5. Custody papers (if applicable). If a student lives with only one parent, that parent must provide a copy of the court order showing legal custody. If the student lives with someone other than the parent(s), proof of court-appointed legal custody must be provided.
  6. Proof of Residency (your most recent real estate tax notice from the Upper Dauphin Area School District, the agreement of sale or a settlement statement. If renting, you must bring a signed copy of your most recent lease. Other examples of acceptable proof include a driver’s license, motor vehicle registration, voter registration, utility bill, insurance company document, employee paycheck, personal bill, bank statement, etc.)

Required Immunizations –

All children attending school must provide proof of having the following immunizations:

Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus (DPT) – four or more properly spaced doses; Measles, Mumps, Rubella – one dose given at 12 months of age or older; two doses of Measles must be given, preferably as MMR2.

Other mandated immunization requirements
Varicella (chicken pox) – immunity, either from vaccination, history of disease or laboratory testing for new school enterers (kindergarten or first grade) and for students entering seventh grade.

Hepatitis B – three properly spaced doses for students entering seventh grade.

Consult the revised Commonwealth Immunization requirements.School Vaccination Requirements

Kindergarten Admission

A child presented for enrollment in kindergarten must be 5.0 years of age on or before September 1. All children registered in kindergarten must have completed the following immunizations before entry:

  • Tetanus – 4 doses with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
  • Diphtheria – 4 doses with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
  • Pertussis – 4 doses with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
  • Polio – 3 or more properly spaced doses
  • Measles – 2 properly spaced doses
  • Mumps – 2 properly spaced doses
  • Rubella (German Measles) – 2 doses
  • Hepatitis B – 3 properly spaced doses
  • Varicella (chicken pox)- immunity, either from vaccination(2 doses), history of disease or laboratory testing.

Every child in grades K-12 must be immunized, unless exempt for medical or religious reasons.